Soul Legal

Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Lawyers In Perth

Lean on Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Lawyers at Soul Legal to Resolve Your Car Accident Claims

Have you been a victim of a car crash and sustained injuries? Are you seeking proficient vehicle accident lawyers in Perth?

At Soul Legal, we are well-versed with legal nuances about compensation related to motor vehicle accidents and can predict the possibility of processing various claims.

If you’ve endured injury, trauma, or expense as a result of a motor vehicle accident, you should not have to deal with it alone. Contact us, and we will guide you on the most suitable course of action for your situation.

We can guide you about the following:

  • The qualification of your motor vehicle claim.
  • The potential of you securing compensation.
  • How fast you can expect to get compensation.

The expert team at Soul Legal provides essential aid to victims of car accidents or motor vehicle accidents in Perth. We simplify the process of managing your car accident personal injury claims or vehicle accident compensation claims in Perth, backed by our NO WIN – NO FEE promise.

Get in touch with our Perth motor injury lawyers at Soul Legal today for a FREE no-obligation evaluation of your claims.


Receive an Obligation Free Claim Assessment within 24 hours

Experienced Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Perth

If you have been in a car crash and were not the culprit, did you know you could potentially make an accident claim and seek compensation? Our expert NO WIN – NO FEE lawyers in Perth can advise if your claim stands a chance of success – and the best course of action for you. We have accredited specialists in Compensation Law who will handle your case.

Types of Motor Vehicle Accident Claims

Common types of Motor Vehicle Accident claims in WA include:

  • Car accident injury claims
  • Motorcycle accident injury claims
  • Train and Tram accident injury claims

What amount of compensation can you expect?

The compensation you receive will depend on:

  • The total value of your claim
  • The severity of your injuries
  • The amplitude of your financial losses
  • The circumstances of the accident
  • The level of accountability of the parties involved in the crash
  • The insurance or ample assets of the responsible party to cover your compensation.

We help get your claim accepted.

With more than a century’s worth of combined experience, we are experts in motor accident claims in Perth, WA. If you have filed for compensation or need to challenge a Motor Vehicle Injury Compensation claim that has denied your medical expenses, contact one of our Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers at Soul Legal today.

We offer a NO WIN – NO FEE service for car accident or motor vehicle compensation claims in Perth. Our aim is to enable you to secure the most favourable compensation settlement for your unique situation.


We help gather all the necessary evidence.

Soul Legal assists you in maximising your car accident compensation claim in Perth by gauging the strengths of your case and identifying the necessary paperwork needed to support your claim.

If you sustained an injury due to an accident or assault because of another party’s negligence, you might have a claim for compensation for suffering and pain, loss of income, medical bill expenses, home assistance, and other financial deficits.

How long does it take for my claim to process?

The time period to receive compensation varies on multiple factors. Typically, from submitting and verifying a claim to the receipt of a payout, it usually takes between 6-18 months, but it can extend in complex situations. It is recommended to exercise patience while filing for a claim.

What kind of expenses can you claim?

  • Any medical costs incurred due to injuries from the road accident (past and future treatment).
  • Loss of earnings.
  • Loss of support if you were dependent on the main earner who was killed in the accident.
  • Funeral expenses, if applicable.
  • Damage to property (car/motorbike/bicycle repairs).
  • Psychological effects (trauma, etc.).

Insurance companies usually have a maximum limit on the compensation amount they cover.

Who pays for the compensation?

Initiating a claim for compensation involves accurately determining who was at fault for the accident and to what degree. It’s concerning if both parties share responsibility for the accident. In such cases, you might have to claim from:

  • Your insurance provider.
  • The government’s compulsory third-party insurance (covers medical expenses and loss of earnings only, not material damages).
  • The guilty party, if they lack insurance.
  • Yourself, if you bear the majority of the fault and don’t have insurance.

In Perth, the Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers at Soul Legal offer a


* service. We are aware that the process for motor vehicle accident claims can be complicated and stressful for you. Our experienced lawyers strive to ensure that you receive the right compensation.

We help you win.

At Soul Legal, we evaluate your case, and if we are persuaded that your situation has a reasonable chance of success, we will offer you a NO WIN – NO FEE* arrangement.

Our services are offered in Motor Vehicle Claims, Workers Compensation Claims, Criminal Injuries, Compensation Claims, Public Liability, and Product Liability Claims. With the deep understanding and familiarity the team at Soul Legal has regarding motor vehicle accident compensation law, we are strategically poised to provide accurate advice and personalized service. Let Soul Legal’s experienced lawyers navigate you through the compensation claims process to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.

Making a claim after a motor vehicle accident can be a daunting or confusing task. But with a skilled team of lawyers who specialize in motor vehicle accident compensation laws, we aim to make the process as straightforward and smooth as possible. We are committed to delivering legal services that are affordable, accessible, and as easy as possible for our clients to understand.

Regardless of where you are in the process of your motor vehicle accident claim, whether you are still dealing with the aftermath of the accident or dealing with an insurance company that refuses to pay, Soul Legal can help you move forward. So, get in touch with us today and allow our experienced Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Lawyers to alleviate your stress and steer you on the right course of action for a successful claim.

Remember, we provide a NO WIN – NO FEE service under specific circumstances. That means if we can’t secure you a satisfactory compensation settlement, you won’t have to pay any legal fees. At Soul Legal, your success is our mission.



Your First Consultation Is Free


The Soul Legal Injury Compensation Lawyers Experience

75+ Years Combined Experience

Soul Legal’s Directors Kevin, Rebecca and team bring 75+ years of combined experience in compensation law


Proven Track Record

Soul Legal has a proven track record of hundreds of successful claims totalling millions in compensation awards


Trusted By Local Government Workers

Soul Legal is trusted by the Local Government Racing and Cemeteries Employees Union established 1903


Soul Legal is Perth’s Leading Personal Injury Compensation Law Firm


Most frequent questions and answers regarding motor vehicle injury claims

The insurer does not have a duty to act in your best interests. They have their own interests in protecting their funds and balance sheet. 

In an adversarial system,  it is up to you to present evidence of your losses and persuade the insurer that the legal entitlements you are pursuing will ultimately be awarded by the District Court.

It is the threat of a court award that usually influences an insurer to come to agreement to settle a claim for an amicable amount. This is the foundation upon which all negotiations are built upon.

If you do not have legal technical knowledge of the assessment criteria and a known tenacity to pursue an action to trial in court for your justified legal entitlements and win, you are placing yourself at a significant disadvantage at the negotiations table. 

It is therefore important that you obtain legal representation from a law firm that has the necessary reputation and proven traits to represent your interests.

No legal fees are payable until the conclusion of your case. Soul Legal assists victims of injury on a “No Win – No Fee” basis.

Upon the successful conclusion of your claim for damages Soul Legal will pursue “party and party” costs from the insurer. This should cover majority of your legal costs.

Any shortfall, otherwise known as “solicitor and client” costs are paid from the settlement proceeds. Usually this amount will not exceed 10% of the damages award.

  1. Always give priority to your injuries by obtaining medical attention. Whilst the most significant injuries will be attended to by your treating doctors, remember to mention your lesser injuries and have them recorded. Some significant injuries can manifest themselves over time, and if their initial symptoms are not included in your medical record, the insurer may dispute that these were sustained in the accident.

  2. In Western Australia, we recommend that that you complete an online crash report. You can also request a ‘Notice of Intention to Make a Claim Form’ direct from ICWA. You are expected to do so within 6 months of the date of the crash. However, if you have not done so this would not usually disqualify your claim as ICWA has an onus to establish prejudice to defeat your claim.

  3. Engage a law firm that has the necessary reputation and proven traits to represent your interests.

Yes, provided that it can be established that a driver of a registered motor vehicle was at least partly at fault

Generally you will not be able to make a claim. There are, however, exceptions to this general rule in the case of a catastrophic injury. If you were completely at fault or where it is not possible to establish the negligence of another party and you are catastrophically injured, you can still claim compensation for your loss.

The state Government introduced the Catastrophic injuries support scheme on 1 July 2016 to provide lifetime treatment, care and support to everyone catastrophically injured in a motor vehicle accident in Western Australia.

In Western Australia, there is only one compulsory third party insurer, ICWA. If you have made due search and inquiry to ascertain the identity of the vehicle and have given ICWA a statement for the basis of your claim, you can still be compensated for your loss.

A Fatal Accidents Act claim can be brought on your behalf if you are a relative or in a de-facto relationship with the deceased. You will be compensated to the extent that you were financially dependent on the deceased.

Majority of our claims are settled without having to go to court. If, however, amicable terms of settlement cannot be reached by agreement with the insurer, going to court is an option that we are capable of pursuing on your behalf.

n addition to your motor vehicle accident claim, you may be eligible to make a Superannuation Total and Permanent Disability (“TPD”) benefit claim if you have been rendered totally unfit for work.

If you were previously injured at work or in a car accident and have already received a lump sum payment, this will not preclude you from receiving a further lump sum payment in a Superannuation TPD claim.