Soul Legal

Car Accident Injury Lawyers In Perth

Trust Soul Legal Lawyers to settle your car accident claim

Have you been injured in a car accident? Are you looking for an experienced car accident lawyer in Perth?

The Soul Legal team understands the legalities surrounding compensation for motor vehicle accidents and the likelihood that a particular claim will be processed.

You don’t have to suffer alone if you have suffered injury, whiplash, or expense due to a motor vehicle accident. Give us a call to determine which course of action is right for you.

We can help you determine:

  • The eligibility of your motor vehicle claim.
  • The likelihood of you receiving compensation.
  • How quickly you will receive compensation.

The Soul Legal team can assist injured victims of motor vehicle accidents or car accidents in Perth. We’ll take the stress, worry, and confusion from managing your motor vehicle accident personal injury claims or car accident compensation claims in Perth, all with our NO WIN – NO FEE guarantee. 

Contact one of our Perth motor injury lawyers at Soul Legal today for your FREE no-obligation claims assessment.


Receive an Obligation Free Claim Assessment within 24 hours

Expert Car Accident Lawyers Perth

If you experienced a car accident or a car crash and were not the at-fault driver, did you know you could be eligible to make an accident claim and seek compensation? Our expert team of NO WIN – NO FEE lawyers in Perth can advise whether your claim will be successful – and which course of action is right for you. We have specialists accredited in Compensation Law who will always oversee your case.

Types of Motor Vehicle Accident Claims

WA’s most common types of Motor Vehicle Accident claims are:
  • Car accident injury claims
  • Motorcycle accident injury claims
  • Train and Tram accident injury claims

What compensation will you receive?

Your compensation will depend on:
  • Your claim’s total value
  • The extent of your injuries
  • The scope of your economic losses
  • The circumstances surrounding the accident
  • Degree of responsibility of parties involved in the accident
  • Whether the responsible party has insurance or suitable assets to cover your compensation

We Help You Get Your Claim Accepted

We have over 100 years of combined experience, and we specialise in motor accident claims in Perth, WA. If you have claimed compensation or need to dispute a Motor Vehicle Injury Compensation claim where payment of your medical expenses has been denied, contact one of our Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers at Soul Legal today.

We offer a NO WIN – NO FEE service for car accident or motor vehicle accident compensation claims in Perth. Our goal is to help you receive the best possible compensation settlement for your specific situation.


We Help You Gather All The Required Evidence 

Soul Legal helps you maximise your motor vehicle accident compensation claim or car accident compensation claim in Perth by understanding the merits of your case and which documents are necessary for you to gather in support of your claim.

Suppose you have suffered an injury arising from an assault or an accident through the negligence of another party. In that case, you may be able to claim compensation for pain and suffering, loss of earnings, the costs of medical bills, home help, and other financial loss.


How long will my claim take?

The time it takes to receive compensation is dependent on many factors. In our experience, the process of lodging and proving a claim to receiving a payout often takes anywhere from 6 -18 months but can be longer in complex matters. If you intend to claim, we urge you to be prepared to be patient.

What can I claim?

  • Any medical expenses incurred for injuries caused by the road accident (this can include past and future treatment).
  • Loss of earnings
  • Loss of support if, as a dependent, you lost your principal breadwinner in the accident.
  • Funeral costs, if applicable
  • Material damages (e.g., repairs to your car/motorbike/bicycle).
  • Psychological effects (e.g., trauma).
It is common for insurance companies to have a ceiling (maximum amount) for how much they’ll cover when paying compensation.

Who pays the compensation?

The first step in claiming compensation is correctly determining who was responsible for the accident and how much. It’s common for both parties to bear partial responsibility for the accident. If that’s the case in your accident, you may claim from:
  • Your insurance company
  • The government’s compulsory third-party insurance (medical expenses and earning losses, but not material damages).
  • The other party, if they don’t have insurance.
  • You, if you don’t have insurance and the accident was mostly your fault. NO WIN – NO FEE LAWYERS

In Perth, Soul Legal motor vehicle accident lawyers offer a 


* service. We understand that the motor vehicle accident claims process can be stressful and complicated for you. However, our experienced lawyers will ensure you receive suitable compensation.

We Help You WIN

At Soul Legal, we will assess your case, and if we believe your situation has sufficient merit, we will offer you a NO WIN – NO FEE* arrangement.

We offer this in Motor Vehicle Claims, Workers Compensation ClaimsCriminal Injuries Compensation ClaimsPublic Liability, and Product Liability Claims.



Your First Consultation Is Free


The Soul Legal Injury Compensation Lawyers Experience

75+ Years Combined Experience

Soul Legal’s Directors Kevin, Rebecca and team bring 75+ years of combined experience in compensation law


Proven Track Record

Soul Legal has a proven track record of hundreds of successful claims totalling millions in compensation awards


Trusted By Local Government Workers

Soul Legal is trusted by the Local Government Racing and Cemeteries Employees Union established 1903


Soul Legal is Perth’s Leading Personal Injury Compensation Law Firm


Most frequent questions and answers regarding motor vehicle injury claims

The insurer does not have a duty to act in your best interests. They have their own interests in protecting their funds and balance sheet. 

In an adversarial system,  it is up to you to present evidence of your losses and persuade the insurer that the legal entitlements you are pursuing will ultimately be awarded by the District Court.

It is the threat of a court award that usually influences an insurer to come to agreement to settle a claim for an amicable amount. This is the foundation upon which all negotiations are built upon.

If you do not have legal technical knowledge of the assessment criteria and a known tenacity to pursue an action to trial in court for your justified legal entitlements and win, you are placing yourself at a significant disadvantage at the negotiations table. 

It is therefore important that you obtain legal representation from a law firm that has the necessary reputation and proven traits to represent your interests.

No legal fees are payable until the conclusion of your case. Soul Legal assists victims of injury on a “No Win – No Fee” basis.

Upon the successful conclusion of your claim for damages Soul Legal will pursue “party and party” costs from the insurer. This should cover majority of your legal costs.

Any shortfall, otherwise known as “solicitor and client” costs are paid from the settlement proceeds. Usually this amount will not exceed 10% of the damages award.

  1. Always give priority to your injuries by obtaining medical attention. Whilst the most significant injuries will be attended to by your treating doctors, remember to mention your lesser injuries and have them recorded. Some significant injuries can manifest themselves over time, and if their initial symptoms are not included in your medical record, the insurer may dispute that these were sustained in the accident.

  2. In Western Australia, we recommend that that you complete an online crash report. You can also request a ‘Notice of Intention to Make a Claim Form’ direct from ICWA. You are expected to do so within 6 months of the date of the crash. However, if you have not done so this would not usually disqualify your claim as ICWA has an onus to establish prejudice to defeat your claim.

  3. Engage a law firm that has the necessary reputation and proven traits to represent your interests.

Yes, provided that it can be established that a driver of a registered motor vehicle was at least partly at fault

Generally you will not be able to make a claim. There are, however, exceptions to this general rule in the case of a catastrophic injury. If you were completely at fault or where it is not possible to establish the negligence of another party and you are catastrophically injured, you can still claim compensation for your loss.

The state Government introduced the Catastrophic injuries support scheme on 1 July 2016 to provide lifetime treatment, care and support to everyone catastrophically injured in a motor vehicle accident in Western Australia.

In Western Australia, there is only one compulsory third party insurer, ICWA. If you have made due search and inquiry to ascertain the identity of the vehicle and have given ICWA a statement for the basis of your claim, you can still be compensated for your loss.

A Fatal Accidents Act claim can be brought on your behalf if you are a relative or in a de-facto relationship with the deceased. You will be compensated to the extent that you were financially dependent on the deceased.

Majority of our claims are settled without having to go to court. If, however, amicable terms of settlement cannot be reached by agreement with the insurer, going to court is an option that we are capable of pursuing on your behalf.

n addition to your motor vehicle accident claim, you may be eligible to make a Superannuation Total and Permanent Disability (“TPD”) benefit claim if you have been rendered totally unfit for work.

If you were previously injured at work or in a car accident and have already received a lump sum payment, this will not preclude you from receiving a further lump sum payment in a Superannuation TPD claim.